Certificates of Degree Conferment are available by request from the Educational Planning Division, Education Promotion and Student Support Department. Requests must be made by postal mail as described below (requests by phone are not accepted).
How to request certificates
Mail the following to the Educational Planning Division (address below):
- Completed and signed Request for Certificate of Degree Conferment form, available below
- A photocopy of a valid ID, such as a driver’s license, health insurance card, or passport
- A passport is preferable when requesting an English certificate.
- If your name has changed since the degree was awarded, please make sure that the submitted documents list your current name.
- A stamped, self-addressed return envelope
- An international reply coupon (IRC) may be used in lieu of Japanese stamps. Please be sure to enclose a sufficient number of IRCs to cover the postage.
- If IRCs are not available in your country, you may ask someone in Japan to make the request on your behalf, or use Fedex's Collect on Delivery (COD) service, mailing the COD invoice to the Educational Planning Division.
- Cash is not accepted.
Issuance of a degree certificate, either Japanese or English, takes about three (3) business days.
It is advisable to submit requests early to allow for postal delays.
Request forms for degree certificates
Useful links (Japan Post Service webpages):
Where to send requests and inquiries
Educational Planning Division
Education Promotion and Student Support Department
ILAS Bldg, 2F, Yoshida Nihonmatsucho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501 Japan
Email: ksui-kkikaku-kyom*mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp (replace * with @)