Applications for places at the Women's Dormitory are accepted as per the guidelines below. Those who require a barrier-free room, of which there is only one in the facility (for one individual), are advised to consult with the Welfare Division (contact details below).
- The Kyoto University Women's Dormitory Residence Application Guidelines for AY 2023 (Apr.) (For currently enrolled international students)
- The Kyoto University Women's Dormitory Residence Application Guidelines for AY 2023 (Apr.) (For newly enrolled international students)
- Current residents who are newly enrolling in a KyotoU program, such as advancing from a Faculty to a Graduate School, are required to reapply.
- With priority given to those with financial difficulties, government-sponsored students are generally considered ineligible.
- AY 2023 is the academic year from April 2023 to March 2024.
Please refer to the Application Guidelines above.
Refer to the following lists and read the Application Guidelines above.
Required of all international applicants
- Checklist of documents to be submitted
- Application form (For currently enrolled international students) (MS Word)
Application form (For newly enrolled international students) (MS Word)
- A copy of the applicant's residence card (to be pasted on a sheet of A4-size paper)
Required if applicable (refer to the Checklist above)
- Form 1: Withholding Tax Statement Cover Sheet (MS Word)*
- Form 2: Salary Statement Cover Sheet (MS Word)*
- Form 3: Final Tax Return Cover Sheet (MS Word)*
- Form 4: (Expected) Income and Expenditure Statement (MS Word)
- Form 7: Other Income Certificate Cover Sheet (2) (MS Word)
- Form 11: Fellowship Income Cover Sheet (MS Word)
- Form 12: Benefit-Type Scholarship Cover Sheet (MS Word)
Welfare Division, Education Promotion and Student Support Department, Kyoto University
Address: Yoshida Honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501
Email: 840kousei*mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp (replace * with @)