On 10 December in Stockholm, Sweden, Distinguished Professor Tasuku Honjo was awarded with a medal and certificate for this year's Nobel prize in physiology or medicine.
At a ceremony in the Stockholm Concert Hall, also attended by co-winner James P Allison of the University of Texas and other science and economics awardees, Honjo was handed his medal personally by the King of Sweden. During the presentation of the prize, attendees were also treated to an orchestral analogy of Honjo and Allison's discoveries of how the immune system could be coaxed into fighting cancer.
Following the ceremony, all awardees and attendees moved to Stockholm's historic City Hall for the official banquet, where Honjo delivered an address on behalf of himself and Allison.
- The Nobel Prize Award Ceremony 2018 - NobelPrize.org
- 2018 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine awarded to Distinguished Professor Tasuku Honjo (1 October 2018)
- Tasuku Honjo speaks at a press conference following Nobel announcement (1 October 2018)
- List of publications by Professor Tasuku Honjo
Selected media coverage of the Nobel announcement
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
- Nobel Foundation website phone interview
- National Public Radio
- The Independent
- The Guradian
- Science Magazine
- The Japan Times
Selected lectures and interviews
- 18th World Congress on Basic and Clinical Pharmacology held in Kyoto （ 20 September 2018 ）
- Kyoto Prize at Oxford Lecture （ 10 May 2018 ）
- Honjo speaking at the 3rd KUIP Symposium （ 9 July 2016 ）
- Honjo speaking at the IFOM*-Kyoto University Joint Symposium in Milan (*FIRC Institute of Molecular Biology) （ 8 March 2013 ）
- Asian Scientist magazine interview （ 16 June 2016 ）