Kyoto University will accept applications for tuition exemption for the first semester of academic year 2016-2017 as outlined below.
How to apply
The application process consists of the following steps:
- Step 1) Register on the Exemption Online Application System (EOAS) *
- Step 2) Submit data via EOAS *
- Step 3) Submit documents
* EOAS can be accessed via Kyoto University Liberal Arts Syllabus Information System (KULASIS).
This process also applies to students expecting to enroll in a master's or doctoral program in academic year 2016. (Applications will remain valid after the student has entered one of those programs.)
Deadline for each step (Be punctual)
|Registration (Step 1)||Monday 7 March 9:00-Wednesday 6 April 24:00|
|Data submission (Step 2)||Friday 8 April 9:00-Friday 15 April 17:00|
|Document submission (Step 3)|| Monday 18 April-Friday 22 April |
* Mailed documents must arrive at the office no later than 22 April.
Eligibility for applicants
Eligible applicants are regular undergraduate and graduate students who:
- have excellent academic records and find it difficult to pay tuition due to economic reason(s).
- find it extremely difficult to pay tuition because the individual who was chiefly responsible for their academic expenses ("Academic Expense Supporter") has passed away, or because the students themselves or their Academic Expense Supporter has suffered major damage from wind, flood, or other natural disaster within six (6) months prior to the tuition payment due date (or within twelve (12) months in the case of newly-enrolled students).
- have circumstance(s) that are deemed by Kyoto University President to be comparable to those described in 2).
- Students who are behind in their tuition payment are ineligible to apply.
- Students who have received a disciplinary action within six (6) months prior to the beginning of the applicable semester or are under one at the time of the application are ineligible. If a student submits an application and then receives a disciplinary action, that application will be rejected.
- Students who pay the tuition before a decision is made on their applications will be considered to have withdrawn their applications.
Application results will be made available on EOAS in late July. Each applicant is responsible for checking their own results via EOAS.
- Visit the following page for more details:
Any changes to the above information will be announced via notices from the Student Affairs Division and the Faculty or Graduate School concerned.
Student Affairs Division
Phone : 075-753-2532