Following their first symposium held in London in September 2017, GSAIS and the Goldsmiths Department of Computing are holding a second international symposium this March, including exhibitions exploring art and science, showcasing industry-academia collaborations and works selected through an "Art Innovation" competition.
All those interested are welcome to attend.
- Yoshida Campus
- Off Campus
See details below.
Day 1: Friday 15 March
|09:30–15:00|| Talks |
Place: International Conference Hall, Kyoto University Clock Tower
|15:30–17:00|| Talk and exhibition |
|17:30–19:30|| Reception |
Place: Kyoto University Tachibana Kaikan
Day 2: Saturday 16 March
|10:00–18:10|| Talks, "Art Innovation" session by industry representatives, art competition award ceremony, and panel discussion |
Place: Higashi Ichijokan, 2nd floor, Conference Room, GSAIS, Kyoto University
For a full program and other details, visit:
Talks will be delivered in Japanese or English with simultaneous interpretation.
Works by invited artists and those selected through a competition will be exhibited at the following venues:
- Kennin-ji (Kennin Temple): 14–24 March
- Tachibana Kaikan: 15 March
- Higashi Ichijokan Community Lounge: 15–28 March
- Kyoto University Museum: 13–24 March
- Event website
- Art Innovation Award: call for entries (deadline: 28 January 2019)
- Graduate School of Advanced Integrated Studies in Human Survivability (GSAIS), Kyoto University
- Department of Computing, Goldsmiths, University of London