Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program Application Guide
08 Apr 2016
- ニュース 大学から
UPDATE: Application Guidelines have been updated (26 April 2016)
The Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP) is a full scholarship program designed to promote interaction among the young people of Asia. It was established through the generosity of Mr Ronald KY Chao (Vice Chairman, Novel Enterprises Limited in Hong Kong), and is administered by Bai Xian Education Foundation Limited and Bai Xian Asia Institute Limited. Commencing operation in 2014, AFLSP aims to support young Asians wishing to undertake study abroad within the Asia-Pacific region, advance cross-cultural understanding, and foster individuals capable of contributing to goodwill and development both in Asia and globally in the future. Six universities in Japan and China, including Kyoto University, have been chosen as anchor universities for the AFLSP. These universities, together with other institutions participating in the program, shall select the scholarship recipients each year.
Please refer to the application guidelines for application.
- Supportive of the AFLSP's purposes, interested in international understanding and goodwill, and prepared to contribute.
- Citizenship of an Asian country other than Japan, and prospective status of residence in Japan of "College Student" at the time the scholarship is awarded (those with multiple citizenship of Japan and other country/ies are not eligible).
- Under 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Completed a bachelor's degree at a designated institution (in the case of those who graduated from a university in China , it must be a university classified as "full-time undergraduate" (全日制本科), or who are expecting to complete such a degree by the beginning of the scholarship term. Designated institutions: Peking University, Tsinghua University (in Beijing), Fudan University, Zhejiang University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Xi'an Jiao Tong University, Nanjing University, University of Science and Technology of China, Nankai University, The University of Hong Kong, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, National Taiwan University, and Seoul National University
- Expecting to enroll as a regular (degree-seeking) student (master's [post-doctoral], doctoral, 5-year doctoral, professional degree program) at a graduate school of Kyoto University in October 2016 or April 2017, and planning to complete that degree program in the standard number of years.
- Completed the screening procedures at the Kyoto University Admissions Assistance Office (AAO) by the beginning of the scholarship term.
Note: Those who graduated/will graduate from a Korean university should also follow this procedure.
- Recommended by a supervising university professor or by an individual of equivalent status.
- Capable of communicating in English.
- Able to participate in the Summer Enrichment Program (an annually held program lasting for approximately four weeks) and other exchange events held as part of the program during the scholarship term.
- Not receiving scholarships or similar support from any other organization or government during the term of the scholarship.
- Not engaged in any casual employment or other work during the term of the scholarship, unless granted permission.
- Never previously received an AFLSP Scholarship.
- In genuine need of financial support.
- In sound physical and mental health, with high moral standards, and an outstanding academic record.
Annual amount: 25,000 US dollars approximately （the scholarship shall be paid in Japanese yen, the actual amount received may vary depending on the exchange rate.）
Maximum of two years
Number of recipients
Approximately fifteen, throughout the university
21 to 31 May 2016 (closes at 17:00 Japan time)
The primary screening will be based on the application documents. Those who pass the primary screening will then be required to take an interview.
Application guidelines / Application documents / How to apply
Please read the application guidelines thoroughly before you apply
How to Apply: ONLINE Registration
- Online Temporary Application
KITANO (Ms.) AFLSP Coordinator,
International Education and Student Mobility Division, Kyoto University
E-mail: AFLSP*mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp (Please replace the * with @)
Application Instructions for October 2015/April 2016 Entry (Application is closed)